Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Why I stopped the Challenge!

In my last post,  I informed everyone that I would not be continuing the challenge.   Most of the people in my class the challenge ended on the 24th of March.  If you look back at my blog posts, you will see that I had restarted my challenge.

One of the reasons I restarted my challenge was due to life getting in the way. 
One, I am an outdoorsy person and I do not and will not put on make up to go out into the wild!  :-) I spend most if not all of my free time outside.  
Two, I am a supervisor at my work and I take my work very seriously.  Most days I am at work very late and tend to be home until 3am.  In doing this, I sleep most of the morning away and by the time I am getting ready for work again I do not feel like doing my make-up or spending time on my hair.

Reason number two, I learned that I am still not the type to want to wake-up and spend time on my make-up. 
Where most women in the world feel the need to put on make-up everyday, I am over here being one of the women in the world that feels all it does is clog my face.  When I first started moving up in my company, Marriott, one of the first things my general manager said to me about moving up was to always wear lipstick.  I do always carry a tube of lipstick and lipgloss.  Other than that, I normally will not put on foundation, concealer, or powder.

The above reasons are the same reasons I decided to stop the challenge completely.  

If you look back to my About Me page, you will read that the reason I chose to do this type of challenge was do to spend more time on myself.  I was looking to finish recovering from the depressed state I was in two years ago.  Through out this challenge I have realized that I already do this. 
I read books.  I draw. I color in those "adult" coloring books.  I workout at the gym with headphones in my ears.  I cook. I sew and crochet. I do a ton of things that I do for me and by myself.

I know now that I didn't need a "last push".  I am already happy and am not depressed and I do not need the extra focus on me.  I already have all of these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment