Sunday, February 28, 2016

Within the First Week


I started out strong.  I think.  I wanted to post every day of my challenge.  Unfortunately, work and life got in the way.  

I tried on a couple of days this week to do my make-up and hair fully.  I just don't know how some people do it.  I have figured out, in the first week of the challenge, that I do not hold hair and make-up on my priority list.  Maybe it is not a matter of finding the time but a matter of actually wanting to take the extra 30 to 40 min every day to accomplish this task.

I plan to start over this week.  I will tell you that I will not be doing it Monday.  I will not even be going to the gym on Monday.  I have class in the morning and then have to rush to work right after to be in a meeting.  Life!!!

At the beginning of last week, I thought.... maybe I should change my 30-day challenge?  I am dedicated to working out more than I am to this challenge.  I will tell you, I am currently in a 30-day challenge(I started before I started this one) to get myself to go back to the gym.  But I can do it all!! It just may take me more than 30-days to complete this school assigned challenge.  

As for this challenge, it is the focus of helping me recover from depression.  Depression is known to cause deep rooted damage in people who become depressed.  No one is ever born depressed.  This happens over time and mainly with a series of events that cause our brain to try to adjust.  By adjusting and trying to cope with whatever it is, our brains may go into a state of imbalance or sadness.  This is what causes depression.  The recovery time depends on the individual person.  I believe, as of right now, this 3-day challenge is not doing anything for me.  Maybe is is just going to take more time then I think it will.  BUT!!! I don't give up on anything.  So... I will try my best to continue this challenge and see if my thoughts about it will change.


No comments:

Post a Comment